Well why not come back with a bang. Sorry for my terrible silence here. I thought it would be appropriate, with the extreme build up of Valentine’s Day and the inevitable lull of pink and red, to add my own love tribute to design. Simply replace “love” in some of the famous and commonly used love sayings and you have a remarkable list of design-isms. I’m thinking of doing some of these in calligraphy, not sure what it will be yet but I think it would be fitting.
1. Design means never having to say you’re sorry.
2. Design builds bridges where there are none.
3. Design can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes…just be an illusion.
4. Design is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
5. Design is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul.
6. Life without Design is like a tree without fruit.
7. Only Design let’s us see normal things in an extraordinary way.
8. Design waits for one thing, the right moment.
9. Design bears it out even to the edge of doom.
10. We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great Design.
All my design… jl